John D. Cagney
John Cagney began practicing law in 2009 after graduating from Fordham University School of Law. Prior to his formal education, he worked as a trial assistant to Tom Moore for six years participating in all areas from the beginning stages of cases through litigation, trial, and settlements.
John’s practice is focused on serving clients who have suffered an injury or loss as the result of someone else’s negligence. As a medical malpractice and wrongful death attorney, John fights hard to achieve the justice his clients deserve.
John takes great pride in his work ethic and strives for excellence not only in the courtroom but also as a human being who can show understanding and compassion when working with clients navigating difficult situations. It is his goal to build positive working relationships with clients from their case evaluation through deposition and the successful conclusion of their case.
A member of the American Bar Association and the New York State Bar Association, John is licensed to practice in New York and New Jersey. He is an advocate for education, serving on the Board of Trustees at Dominican Academy in New York.
- Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York, 2009
- Boston College, Honors: Cum Laude, 2002
- New York
- New Jersey
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers®, Selected To Rising Stars list, 2018 – 2020
- Super Lawyers®, 2021 – present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- New York Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Tom Moore, Trial Assistant
Location: New York, New York
- Serving all five Boroughs of New York City, Long Island and Westchester County