New York Car Accident Attorneys
No one plans for a car accident. Whether caused by a drunk driver, distracted driver or defective auto part, serious collisions can occur with no warning and leave victims devastated, both physically and financially.
If you, or someone you love, has been injured in a car accident due to someone else’s carelessness or reckless actions, you may be eligible for a personal injury claim to compensate for your medical and/or other expenses due to injuries incurred in the accident as well as the impact the injuries have on your life.
The New York car accident attorneys at Kramer, Dillof, Livingston & Moore (KDLM) are committed to securing justice and compensation for car accident victims and their families. We have a team of medical experts, investigators, and paralegals on our staff to help the attorneys build a case that will hold the person or company who has harmed you accountable.
Car accident injuries can vary depending on many factors including speed, if the occupants were wearing seatbelts, weather conditions, and the size difference of the vehicles involved. There are different types of car accidents, but these are the most common.
- Read-end accident: When the front of a vehicle crashes into the back (“rear”) of another vehicle. These are commonly caused when the person in back is following closely and/or the person in front stops suddenly. Often the injuries sustained are minor, but there is the possibility that some may result in a fatality.
- Head-on collision: When the front of one vehicle collides with the front of another. Head-on collisions are not as common as rear-end accidents, but they are one of the most dangerous car accidents, where many of them result in fatalities.
- Sideswipe accidents: When one side of a vehicle strikes the side of another. A sideswipe accident usually occurs when one vehicle drifts or swerves into another traffic lane. This may be due to distracted driving or due to a driver changing lanes without checking to see if the other lane is clear.
- T-bone collision: When one vehicle strikes the side of another, the collision is referred to as a T-bone. This accident usually happens at intersections when one vehicle fails to stop or yield right-of-way to another.
- Chain reaction crash: When there are multiple vehicles involved (more than two), this is referred to a as a “chain reaction” crash, commonly referred to as a “pile-up”.
Types of Negligence and Injury
Many types of driver negligence can cause a car accident. Some of the most common are:
- Distracted driving: including cell phone use and/or texting while driving
- Impaired driving / drunk driving
- Lack of attention
- Fatigued driving / driving while drowsy/tired
- Confused driving: when someone is lost, they may make errors such as making a sudden U-turn without checking that the traffic around them is clear or turning the wrong way on a one-way street
- Defective car parts: when a car part malfunctions and causes the car to drive differently than what the driver intends (such as speeding up, swerving, or braking suddenly)
- Poorly maintained car: when a car’s owner has not properly maintained the car parts such as tires (they may be bald and rupture, causing debris on the road that may result in an accident of the cars behind them) or failing to check and maintain brakes (making the driver unable to stop in time)
Common injuries associated with a car accident include:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Loss of limbs (amputation)
- Soft tissue injuries such as “whiplash”
Contact Our New York Car Accident Attorneys
Our New York car accident attorneys are committed to securing justice and compensation for accident victims. With more than 120 million-dollar verdicts, and over $1 billion in settlements, Kramer, Dillof, Livingston & Moore has been consistently recognized as one of the most successful personal injury firms not only in New York, but across the country.
In addition representing car accident victims, we also handle motorcycle accidents, commercial truck (tractor-trailer, semi-truck) accidents, and train accidents.
We are proud of our success and understand that it only comes through preparation, tenacity, and dedication to every client.
If you or someone you love was injured in a car accident, contact KDLM today.