Automobile, Truck, Motorcycle Accidents
No one plans for a car accident. Whether caused by a drunk driver, distracted driver or defective auto part, serious collisions occur with no warning and leave victims devastated, both physically and financially.
At Kramer, Dillof, Livingston & Moore, our attorneys, medical experts, investigators and paralegals are committed to securing justice and compensation for auto accident victims.
With more than 120 million-dollar verdicts and over $1 billion in settlements, our firm is consistently recognized as one of the most successful personal injury firms not only in New York, but across the country.
We are proud of our success and understand that it only comes through preparation, tenacity and dedication to every client.
No matter the circumstances or complexity of your case, we are prepared to help you. Auto, truck and motorcycle accidents can be caused by many types of driver negligence:
- Distracted driving (including cell phone use and texting while driving)
- Impaired driving/drunk driving
- Lack of attention
Truck accidents in particular tend to involve their own unique forms of negligence:
Millions Of Dollars For Auto Accident Victims
KDLM has represented victims of all types of auto accidents, including rear-end, head-on and side-impact collisions, as well as 18-wheeler accidents and vehicle rollovers.
- In 2010, Tom Moore represented a 53-year-old construction worker who was left paralyzed after being struck by a Verizon truck. The vehicle was going 50 mph in a 30 mph zone. Verizon claimed the man had “only been hit by the vehicle’s side-view mirror.” Tom Moore unearthed and showed jurors photos of the truck’s shattered windshield and headlights. The jury returned a verdict of $41.8 million, the largest in New York history.
- A few years ago, the driver of a car was killed when he slowed down to safely pass a roadway construction site in Westchester County. An inattentive tow truck operator carelessly plowed into the man’s car, killing him. KDLM negotiated a settlement of $5.8 million to compensate the driver’s family for its loss.
- A 69-year-old man was walking on the sidewalk in Lawrence on Long Island when he was struck by an SUV backing up into a parking spot. He died later that day from the injuries suffered in the accident. Judy Livingston represented the family, which received $1.6 million as a result of the driver’s negligence.
- A young woman who was a passenger in a car was ejected from the vehicle when it rolled over. The woman suffered significant injuries, including partial paralysis. KDLM represented the woman and negotiated a $4.9 million settlement for her injuries.
Our track record of success means we understand the needs and goals of injury victims and their families. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury in a car, truck or motorcycle accident, we are uniquely qualified to help you.
Contact us to discuss your situation at no cost in a confidential consultation.