Top Medical Malpractice Attorneys in New York
Injured New Yorkers: If you’re looking for a top Medical Malpractice attorney, you are on the right website. At Kramer, Dillof, Livingston & Moore (KDLM), we have extensive experience in medical malpractice law and are dedicated to ensuring that our clients get the best results.
What is medical malpractice?
Medical malpractice is when a patient is harmed by a doctor, nurse, or other health care professional – either through omission or a negligent act – that results in injury and/or death.
Types of Medical Malpractice
The most common types of medical malpractice are:
- Failure to diagnose. When a doctor fails to discover a patient’s illness or makes an incorrect diagnosis that causes the patient to have a worse outcome than they would have if the correct diagnosis was made.
- Improper treatment. If a doctor selects a treatment but administers it incorrectly or if a doctor decides on a course of treatment that no other competent doctor would choose.
- Failure to warn a patient of known risks. Doctors have to uphold the “duty of informed consent” which states that they must warn patients of all known risks before a procedure or treatment. If a doctor fails to do this, and the patient has an adverse outcome, the doctor may be liable.
How Will KDLM Handle Your Medical Malpractice Case?
When our NY personal injury law firm takes on a med mal case, we are known for our client dedication, aggressive advocacy, and unmatched trial skills because we want to find justice for those who have unjustly suffered from medical malpractice.
Two of our senior partners, Thomas Moore and Matthew Gaier, have handled many medical malpractice cases and they frequently write medical malpractice articles on Law.com to share their expert knowledge. In addition to having a team of competent med mal attorneys, we also have a full-time, in-house doctor and three nurses, plus access to some of the top medical experts in the country.
We have secured over $1 billion in verdicts and settlements. Some of our recent settlements include:
- $7,000,000 for injuries and wrongful death of a 33-year-old man as a result of failure to diagnose and treat post-operative bleeding following a laparoscopic appendectomy.
- $6,900,000 for a child who sustained neurologic injuries as a result of medical malpractice around the time of birth.
- $8,300,000 for the wrongful death of a 57-year-old man following dental implant surgery.
- $2,300,000 for a child who sustained injuries as a result of a delay in diagnosing congenital hip dysplasia.
View more of our recent settlements here.
Our New York medical malpractice attorneys are prepared to handle medical malpractice cases involving:
- Birth injuries
- Cerebral Palsy / Brain Injuries
- Surgical errors
- Medication errors
- Emergency room errors
- Nursing errors
- Failure to diagnose / misdiagnosis