What Is Product Liability?
Before discussing how to choose the best product liability lawyer for your case, let’s start with the definition of product liability. It is the liability of a manufacturer or retailer for injuries caused by a product they sold. That liability may be premised upon negligence, breach of warranty, or, most commonly, a defective product. A product defect can be from design, manufacturing, or inadequate warnings or instructions. You can learn more details about product liability and how it is a specialty of the personal injury practice area here.
How Do I Pick The Best Product Liability Lawyer?
Choosing the best product liability lawyer can make a big difference in the outcome of your case and compensation amount. Therefore, you should research and ask about the following when choosing a lawyer and law firm to fight for your case:
- What is the firm’s history and experience? Usually, if a firm has been around for decades, they are most likely winning cases and have the resources and expertise to do the same for you.
- What awards has the firm and lawyers won? Anyone can advertise on TV, so winning awards is a more accurate measure of success and competence.
- What are their case results? If a law firm has a solid track record of advocating for cases that are similar to yours, it shows they have what it takes to do the same for you.
Why KDLM’s New York Product Liability Lawyers?
Kramer, Dillof, Livingston & Moore (KDLM) ranks among the top three law firms in New York, successfully representing product liability cases.
- Extensive Experience. For over 70 years, KDLM has established itself as one of the best New York personal injury law firms with a product liability track record. We have had a regular personal injury column in the New York Law Journal for almost 30 years, Thomas Moore and Judy Livingston are both longtime members of the Inner Circle of Advocates (the top 100 plaintiff lawyers in the US), Judy being the first woman ever to be named to the prestigious organization, and our team of 12 highly experienced lawyers will work together to secure your case.
- Award-Winning Lawyers. We have appeared on virtually every “Best Lawyers” list for the past 20 years. Recently Thomas Moore was picked for the Top 100 Super Lawyers List and Matthew Gaier was selected to the Super Lawyers® List for the 15th year.
- Successful Case Results. Our firm has obtained over 100 verdicts of over $1 million and has negotiated settlements in excess of $1 billion. In 2020, our verdicts ranked in the top 10 in 5 practice areas. Our lawyers also secured one of the largest personal injury verdicts in New York state history: $172 million.
Year after year, KDLM is recognized as a top-three law firm for all types of plaintiff personal injury work.
Our case results include:
Obtaining $20 million for the injuries of two recent college graduates who suffered third-degree burns from a popular household decoration, $2,8 million for the injuries and wrongful death of a 41-year-old woman who was crushed to death due to an elevator malfunction, and $2,75 million for the injuries and wrongful death of a 74-year-old man killed in a Long Island boat explosion.
If you or a loved one has been injured by what you believe is a product design, marketing, or manufacturing error, talk to us. Please call us at 212-267-4177 or fill out this form for a free and confidential consultation.